Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's in the Genes...

Let me set the scene for you...

INT. CHUCK N’ RALLY – DAY

An x-mas light encrusted frat bar, semi packed with a post-college, “I can still do keg stands on a weeknight” crowd.

O’NEILL and POMS hang out in a back booth working their way through a basket of wings and beers.

Poms is the exact negative of O’Neill. Double zero, manicure that matches the pedicure, and an “I live at the tanning salon” skin tone. The only thing they happen to share is the same DNA.


O’NEILL

You let him pay all night?


POMS

Sure. Why not? He offered.


INNER O’NEILL

How are we related again?


O’NEILL

And you don’t see what’s wrong with that?


POMS

He offered.


O’NEILL

Right.


INNER O’NEILL

For starters, let’s talk genetics, shall we?


POMS

I’m not gonna say no. Do you know how much bottle service costs?


INNER O’NEILL

Both 100% Irish. Yet, you’re burnt sienna year around and I manage to turn into a lobster on an overcast day.


O’NEILL

Did you at least tell him you weren’t interested?


POMS

You kidding? Of course not.


INNER O’NEILL

You can find the rhythm and dance to monks chanting and I look like I’m going into seizures.


O’NEILL

How’s that fair?


POMS

Who said anything about fair? Besides, it’s not like I’m gonna see him again.


INNER O’NEILL

You live in Gucci and me in chucks and hoodies…


O’NEILL

Right.

(pause)

You want another round?


POMS

Sure.


O’Neill flags their waitress down and motions for another round.


POMS

You seriously need to lighten up.


O’NEILL

Me?


POMS

Yeah.


INNER O’NEILL

I just don’t get it…


A beat.


Their waitress comes over and places two Irish Car Bombs down in front of O’Neill and Poms. In perfect unison, they drop the shot in glass and chug the entire drink like two Betty Fords drop outs.

O’Neill looks over at Poms and can’t help but smirk.


INNER O’NEILL

Bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment