Monday, March 30, 2009

Reality Binge...


Let me set the scene for you…

INT. LIVING ROOM – AFTERNOON

O’Neill and Yellow Tail are sprawled out on the couches in their pajamas mid bad tv marathon. It’s your typical rainy Saturday afternoon.

YELLOW TAIL

Mind if I change it?


INNER O’NEILL

But it’s the haunted house cake competition. They're seconds away from moving an 8ft devils food zombie!


O’NEILL

Sure.


Yellow Tail snatches up the remote and flips to VH1.


YELLOW TAIL

Ever watch I Love Money?


O’NEILL

Um…


YELLOW TAIL

You’ll love it.


O’Neill stares at the TV in a mixture of confusion and slight horror.


ON TV


Two girls in chicken suits dig through a vat of mud for over-sized egg shaped nerf balls.


INNER O’NEILL

Love’s not the word I would use…


O’NEILL

It’s um…


YELLOW TAIL

I know it looks a little crazy. But it’s great tv. Trust me.


INNER O’NEILL

Great TV? Really? I guess I missed I Love Money winning an Emmy last year.


YELLOW TAIL

It’s definitely not as good as Rock of Love or I love New York. But it’s good.


INNER O’NEILL
You know we have 300 plus channels, right? A little Discovery channel or TLC never hurt anyone.


YELLOW TAIL

Did you watch I Love New York?


INNER O’NEILL

Of course! I have the complete boxset. It was in the welcome basket when I join Mensa.


O’NEILL

Nope.


YELLOW TAIL

You know who New York is? She was on Flavor of Love.


INNER O’NEILL
Why doesn’t VH1 just rename itself VHLove?


O’NEILL

Gotchya.


YELLOW TAIL

You watch any reality TV?


O’NEILL
Not really. Battlestar and Lost are more of my speed.


Yellow Tail shoots O’Neill an “I’m silently judging your taste in tv” look.


YELLOW TAIL

Battlestar? Interesting…


INNER O’NEILL
Don’t fraking judge my guilt pleasures and I won’t judge yours.

3 comments:

  1. So, this is semi-unrelated to this post, but what did you think about the Battlestar series finale?

    I have to say, I'm a bit pissed about the lack of resolution and the overwhelming emphasis on religious solutions vs. technological advances.

    And yeah, I <3 money seems ridiculous. And not really awesome-ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well even though Battlestar holds a near and dear place in my heart, I have to say that this past season was a huge disappoint. And the series finale was simply all over the place.

    But that being said... I'll watch it any day over I Love Money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And whats up with Starbuck?

    I thought of all the people on that show, she deserved some closure. Or a dramatic death, or something!

    Altho I guess they already did the dramatic death thing...

    ReplyDelete